Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our German son was not raised on a farm...

Updates: We think Jack speaks German. We don't know how it happened. The kid can't say "mama" to save his life, but "Ich trinke mein Bier, indem ich lederhosen halte," (I drink my beer while wearing lederhosen) just rolls off his tongue. At least, that what we think he's saying. He also loves to shut doors. Whenever he enters a room, the first thing he does is shut the door behind him. He could play with doors for days! When he crawls up the stairs, he zips around the corner so that he can shut the gate before daddy gets through- what a trickster. When I'm in the bathroom, he'll wait just outside the door (the tapping isn't distracting AT ALL) so that he can shut the door when I'm finished.
Finally, Jack's taking steps! He made it to the double digits yesterday- twelve (consecutive) steps. Mind you, they were about 2 cm each, but it still counts! We're trying to get it on tape, but Jack loooves the video camera and if he's trying to get somewhere fast, he's all about the crawl. So, I have about 30 minutes of crawling video now.
I haven't taken any pictures of Jack, but I found this one while cleaning out computer space and it made me giggle. Look at that chub.

1 comment:

Catkins said...

omg. That picture made my heart leap into my throat.
A.Dor.A.Ble.